Update: Screen Time System


Ok guys, I thought I'd give you a update on the whole "screen time" situation. I finally just decided to make my own thing and just modify it as I go.
I started by just making a short list of things that I wanted her to do and things I want to see a change in. 
Do's
Obedience
Being Kind
Pick Up
Helping
Don't
Disobedience
Yelling/Talking Back
Hitting
Throwing a Fit/Tantrum

So I just wrote down my top 4 to make it simple enough for her to follow and then used clipart from google for her to be able to connect the action to the picture. You could customize this to whatever you wanted or for whatever age.
Right now were using a rocks as markers. Yes...that's all I had around the house. It'll work until I can get to the store and get marbles or pom poms or something. But I tell you, she is loving it. And my day has been simpler, she's asking me for things to do. She stands at the chart and is naming off the stuff to do. She said "Mom, I want a rock for obeying." OK! 
She put her laundry away without complaining, she helped put the dishes away to earn another one..I'm liking it a lot so far. We've only started today. And we haven't lost one yet- we'll see what how bad the meltdown will be when that happens.
I've started with 5 rocks earns 10 minutes of screen time. With 10 rocks that's a Dora episode or time on her VReader or possibly Angry Birds on my phone.
If you've been looking for something I hope this helps or gives you an idea to make something that will work for you. If you want a copy let me know and I can email it to you.


Comments

Popular Posts