Embellished Euro Shams

I posted a while back about wanting to redo my bedroom you can read about it here, but Dan has since talked me out of doing that since an impending bathroom remodel is in our future. :) Yay! and ugh. All in the same feeling.
 
I really wanted new pillows for the bed since I've had the same ones for a couple years. This is what it looked like before:

And these are the new additions.

I was planning on forking over the big bucks for new euro sham covers but while I was at Garden Ridge I ran across plain white euro shams on clearance. Umm. $3.49 each. I know! I wanted to add navy in the room and since I got them for a steal if I screwed them up- oh well.

I had heard about this iron on adhesive to use for adding trim to curtains, t-shirts etc. I thought I'd give it a whirl. Don't look too closely, I am not a perfectionist. ;) And in the future I would probably only use these on curtains or something that wouldn't get handled a lot. The girls have already been able to pick at the corners and it's coming up a little bit.


 
After "eye-balling" where I wanted the ribbon I cut it, cut the adhesive the same length then ironed the adhesive on and the ribbon to the pillowcases.


There you have it. An easy Do-It-Yourself Embellished Euro Sham.
The orange pillows I picked up at TJ Maxx for $19.99 for the two. The green "animal print" is fabric I bought at a church auction and I recovered a pillow give to me.

Comments

Popular Posts