Master Bedroom Poll

Our master bedroom is one of the first rooms we "did" in the house after we bought it and it's fine. It's functional and cute enough but we feel it needs a little freshening up. The hubs is actually asking me to redo this room..so I definitely won't say no. It's pretty basic, and it's small so everything in there must have a purpose.
If you recall, this is what it currently looks like.
 
It isn't bad, but I want it to be refreshing when we walk in. Everyone wants their room to feel like an escape, an exhale.
 
Last night I spent some time collecting all of my ideas and putting them in one place to see if they even mesh. This is the first one I made, I love all the pops of color, gold and wicker accents.


And I have an obsession with old oil paintings right now, so I like the idea of a gallery wall with mixed media. Old, new, kids, prints, quotes etc.
 
After I made the one above I went through my pinterest pages and found that I really am drawn to clean, white, earthy feeling spaces as well with a little bold pattern thrown in. So I made another board using almost all the same things just taking out most of the color.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I switched out the coral curtains for an ivory and toned down the pillows. I plan to keep my linen headboard and the white bedding I have and I switched out my nightstands for the bookshelves a couple weeks ago.
 
My plan is to paint the entire room the Shoji White and to paint our doors and closet doors the dark gray. Urbane Bronze. I think it will give the room some interest and break up all the white.
 
Here is where you come in, you get a say. I don't know which one to choose! I like them both for different reasons. Comment here or on facebook and give me your opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts