Caramel Brownies, anyone?

My handsome hubs turned 27 yesterday. We had gone out the night before to celebrate but I still wanted to make sure we recognized his birthday yesterday.

After consulting with the birthday boy he decided he wanted Caramel Brownies instead of cake. Well this gal being super amazing in the kitchen ::cough cough:: this  wasn't intimidating at all. And since I actually love him and stuff I restrained and didn't buy the box mix for caramel brownies and tried to muster at least a pinch of an inner Julia Child.

 {pretty good}
if I do say so myself
 
I thought I'd share the recipe with you!
 
Caramel Brownies
 
:ingredients:
1- Box of German Chocolate cake mix w/pudding
3/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
13oz individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped 
 
:directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350, spray 9x13 with cooking spray.
2. Combine cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Mix well and pour 2/3 of batter into pan.
3. Press pecans into batter and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. In a saucepan over medium melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk until completed melted and smooth. Pour over cooled cake mix.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips and top with spoonfuls of remaining cake batter onto caramel. Bake for an additional 15-18 minutes. Cool and cut.
 
 
Here's what mine looked like finished.
You can find the original recipe here.
 
One more delicious photo?
 
But in all seriousness- if I can do it, you can do it!

 

Comments

Popular Posts