What I Wore

I have thought about giving my two cents about fashion for a little while but definitely don't consider myself an expert by any means. But my friend encouraged me to start taking photos of my outfits to inspire "real" sized women.
So I want to talk about dressing YOU and your BODY. 
I'm all about working with what you got.
I am not here on some trek to change lives but I have been encouraged to encourage other women who are not a size 2 that cute is possible, for everyone and for less.
 
Sorry about the hair, this is au'natural crazy hair pinned back.
But to the clothes. Am I the only one who could live in dresses and skirts in the summer? Seriously I would. But to get personal with you, I am for sure not the ideal "hour glass" figure, my trouble area is the tummy.  It is not where I would like it to be in proportion to the rest of my body. So I disguise it. That is the magic of clothing.
I paired a stretchy skirt with an oversized tee. The shirt was just too baggy to be un-tucked, but tucked? No bueno. Thanks to the aforementioned tummy.  I then just added a skinny belt that will give me the best of both worlds. The shape that I needed to not look sloppy and bigger than I am but it allows my top to be loose enough that it doesn't hug every lump and bump I have.
 
Now down to brass tacks. I'm sure you're all wondering "how much". I know you have heard me say many times on here before that I am cheap, but I don't think you understand to what level of cheap I am. I never pay more than $10 for anything unless it is freaking amazing and after a long war with myself in my mind. I know, this chick's crae-zay.
 
Ok so here's the breakdown.
Metallic Animal Print skirt- Forever 21---$9
Oversized Owl Tee- Target---$4
Navy Skinny Belt-Forever 21---$4
Sandals-Goodwill---$3
 
What is that, under $20? Shoot- twenty bucks even. I'd say that's pretty good. :)
 
My 2 biggest tips I would give anyone when shopping for themselves would be:
Number 1: Get over the number/size on the tag. No one is going to see that number but you. And I promise if you're stuffed into it you're not going to look that size, but larger.
Number 2: If you don't love it don't buy it. If it isn't exactly what you're looking for, don't settle. Even if it's cheap you're not going to use it like you would if it's exactly what you want. And please, don't buy something in "wishful" sizing. Trust me.



Comments

Popular Posts