Christmas Around Our House


Today I thought I'd give you a glimpse of Christmas around our house this year. I have to say, I was sad to take all my Christmas stuff down this year. I LOVED my Christmas tree this year. This is the first year that I picked all the decorations for it and as always I made it a lot more stressful then it needed it to be with numerous trips and returns and indecision. But could I do it any other way?
But I wanted to keep my tree pretty simple and for it to coordinate with the rest of my house. I am really drawn to "natural" Christmas decor, but I still wanted some glitz. So I decided on all gold, green and silver bulbs, white lights and gold ribbon. I used various gold bulbs- shiny, glitter and matte. Same with the silver and the green, which I used 2 shades of. For added depth I put in a few bunches of frosted eucalyptus and some gold sprigs and a few gold feather ornaments. 
One of my favorite things about Christmas is my house glowing at night with the tree and lighted garland everywhere. <3

I finally remembered to buy chalk for my chalkboard frame that I talked about in a previous post.



The night before Christmas with all the gifts under the tree. 
I plan to write a post on my cute thrifty wrapping. We'll see if I get around to it ;)


We tried to make Christmas really low key this year, just family and a couple gifts. Does the Christmas rush not drive you crazy? The Christmas craziness doesn't interest me in the slightest, it actually frustrates me. And actually I started judging everyone and all these crazy people making the traffic terrible and making my life harder. Do any of us really need any more stuff? Did we all not get anything throughout the year? Are some of the things running through my head.
Then I felt a prodding (oh Holy Spirit) that maybe I was looking at it the wrong way. That maybe people are seeing family and friends that they haven't seen in a while and are giving gifts, no matter how insignificant to show that they love them. Granted, I still stand and don't believe kids need thousands of dollars worth of stuff but...I shouldn't judge when I'm not them and I don't know their situation. Isn't that a principle for all aspects of life?


But here is a glimpse of our house this Christmas. I hope your home was filled with love, laughter and the reason for the season.
I hope you all had a great Christmas that you were able to spend it with friends or family.

Comments

  1. Love to here you talk....you've got a way with words - and decorating of course!!! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Nanc, you are so sweet! Thanks, mom and dad say the same thing that I have a way of talking/writing. Put my strange talents to some work! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts