Our Kitchen Update


So the long wait is over and I finally took pictures of our kitchen after our little holiday makeover. Dan and I didn't exchange gifts this year and we did a little updating to our kitchen instead.

I had been wanting a white subway tile backsplash for a while and we had decided we wanted a kitchen island too for some MUCH NEEDED storage and also to define the kitchen since our kitchen/living area is all open.

Our kitchen wasn't terrible before but just the few things we did made a BIG difference. We went ahead and did new counter tops because our old one had started to buckle and we were going to need to match the island.

Dan installed the sink, countertops and backsplash.
And I'll tell you a secret- shh, they're laminate!

 I opted for a one basin sink-which I LOVE and would highly recommend to anyone. I have always been drawn to farmhouse sinks but....$$$ you know. Besides, I was always frustrated with the split sink because some of my big pots wouldn't fit and I don't really ever fill my sink for anything. And it will make a great baby bath should that need ever arise again ;)


We have a good friend Evan, who does a lot of work for Dan and he is an amazing cabinet maker. We had him build our countertops and an island for us, and I got to design it :) He probably regretted that later, but he did an awesome job. If you ever need anything custom made, he's your guy. His company is Tekton Wood Designs.
 I have drawer pulls to match the kitchen drawers, but we haven't gotten them on yet.
Island paint color is Sherwin Williams: Classic French Gray.

 I had him make the back magnetic for all the kids magnets, because it would drive me crazy to have them on the fridge and I'm trying to get in and out of there making dinner etc.


There is our beautiful kitchen update.

Comments

  1. Adorable as always - you better sign up for Design Star on HGTV - I'm serious!!! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kitchen. .. .I really like it :)
    Teri Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, looks beautiful. I agree with the large single sink, we love ours too.
    Love you guys......Aunt Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like it! I so want to update my kitchen a bit and a backsplash like that is high on the list. :-) And a one basin sink. Nice work, Sarah and Dan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts