Church Bathroom Makeover


I was asked at our church for some ideas for one of the ladies bathrooms to update it. The bathroom has lovely pink/mauve stalls and wall tile. There was definitely no room in the budget for replacing those, so the goal was to make them look like they were on purpose and not dated. I am sorry I didn't take any before pictures but the walls were white and there was nothing on the walls to give you an idea of what it looked like before.
I chose a dark gray for the walls, Gauntlet Gray (from Sherwin Williams) for those of you who want to know. To tone down the pink and to give it MUCH needed warmth.

This is when you first walk into the bathroom. 
(Sorry these are just some quick phone pics I took last night after we hung the accessories.)


Shelf for purses, full length mirror to check yo'self.


Flower wall hanging.

Curtains I made to cover the pipes, etc.
(Cabinets to be stained at a later date.)

I'd like to say I have a method to my shopping for accessories, but I don't. I had a small budget around $100 to get everything and I came in around $112 after taxes and hardware. 
But knowing I had a small budget I can't really depend on stores like Target, where I'm going to know what they have because their prices are just going to be too high. I ended up getting everything at Ross. Which as you know, you don't never know what they are going to have and it's different at every store.

Here's the breakdown.
The large wall art: $25
Metal flower: $25
Curtains: $17
Shelf: $18
Mirror: $5
-------
Total: $90

You don't have to sacrifice style on a budget!


Comments

Popular Posts