Apartment Makeover: The Living Room


Bekah moved into her apartment back in October with just a bookcase, desk and her bed so getting her some furniture was high priority. Many phone calls and countless pictures we scoured Craigslist and furniture stores we were able to find amazing deals on some main pieces for her living area. Bekah found a great sofa
{which I'm kind of jealous about}
:) 
I would literally LIVE on that chaise.
(sorry about the picture apparently I was holding my phone at an angle because I assure you, my dad did not hang that mirror crooked.)

She also wanted an entertainment center and was looking for something similar to my white one but it has been discontinued at Ikea. It needed to be large to help with her 12 foot ceilings! New, and hundreds of dollars seemed a little unnecessary so Bekah was able to find one for $80 on CL! 
I didn't touch the bookcase, she did an amazing job. Her accessorizing has come a long way! ;)

In the apartment there isn't a defined dining space and there is a weird bar that isn't deep enough to eat at and I thought it was really important to make a space for her to sit and eat breakfast, if she has people over or even just a place to sit and work. So she measured and we found her this dining table in the exact size we needed for $60 and right around the corner, Craigslist again. Thankfully she has some great friends who went with her and helped her load.
We picked up these chairs from Ikea for $40.
Gives you an idea of how the space is laid out.

Before
{Don't you love mom and dad's air mattress?}
After

We've officially moved her off the floor and sitting on a stack of moving boxes :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts